Activist Tips: Blogging
Category : Uncategorized
If you are comfortable writing and already spend time sharing information with your friends using facebook or email, you may want to consider starting a blog. As is quite evident from my posts on this blog, you don’t have to be any good at writing to write blog posts.
Here are some tips for getting started with a blog:
- Start off simple. Post links to news and other blogs with a sentence or two of commentary.
- Write posts about your own events or events you went to, possibly with photos. They don’t have to be well written posts, just give a basic description.
- Don’t worry too much about the quality of your writing. No one is expecting you to be the next great essayist, so don’t stress about it.
- Do use spell-checking and make sure your grammar is good. Double-check for typos.
- Read lots of other blogs and learn from them.
That’s about it. Blogging can be very simple and easy to do. Adding your voice to the other animal rights bloggers strengthens our voice and builds the community. Make sure you have fun, be nice, and write for the animals!