Happiness is a…wait, what?

Happiness is a…wait, what?

Category : Uncategorized

The meat industry has a history of making wise public relations decisions! (TotallyLooksLike.com)

Today I found out that apparently, the meat industry has a new slogan that they’re preparing to unveil:

Happiness is a Dead Animal

I swear I am not making this up.  In a time when people are more and more concerned about whether the animals they kill for food were treated in a humane fashion, the meat industry has come up a slogan that basically mocks everyone involved.   If this is the best they can come up with, I suggest–nay, I demand–that the industry use it as much as possible.

If the Ag industry wants to win the hearts of those who eat meat, why not show what changes you’re making to decrease animal suffering? Suggestions like this one only prove how nervous the industry is over animal rights campaigns. If only they realized that taking the “moral high ground” meant actually listening and enacting changes rather than weaving death and happiness into a rallying cry. (from VegDaily)

This is going to go over great.

KG

February 26, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Hi.
I think you should
establish a forum online so
people outside and inside Vancouver
can connect for campaigns.

If I can set it up myself I will–but it needs to be connected to as many activist groups as possible.

I have been following things here for a long time and groups seem to come and go with the exception of VHS and maybe Lifeforce which is practically invisible.

The UBC research issue makes it an imperative since I was there 20 years ago and they still havent stopped anything.
The fact that UBC has no anti-research club or veg club(a permanent on campus one like other universities) is very sad and pathetic.

I emailed the stopUBC research campaign to suggest a forum since their Vancouver event doesnt cover the rest of the cities and those who cannot attend.

This lack of community plagues BC activism.

February 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm

KG, thanks for the message.
A community is difficult to bring together. There are some loose networks in existence already around Earthsave, VHS, and other more activist groups like Liberation BC.

We had an event all about strengthening community recently:

KG

February 27, 2010 at 11:46 am

Hi Glenn
There are also veg groups on Vancouver Island as well. I have seen some stragglers on international boards too. I hear about the smaller groups-(vancouver animal defense league?)they should be connected online so we know they exist. Earthsave has a board but rarely posts. I missed the camp-I would like to see one ONLINE.

February 27, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Facebook seems to be where most online organizing happens. Pretty much every group has a Facebook page or group (Liberation BC has one).

dawnofanewera

February 27, 2010 at 8:11 pm

The years most of humanity has now spent without slaughtering and butchering our own meat makes it difficult for meateaters to face how their dinners got to their plates. Most people could not bring themselves to do this to animals, yet are happy to eat their flesh. At this point in history, since the majority of the world no longer kills, it is an ultimate time to make the change to a non-violent diet. People want to see themselves as non-violent and are willing to make changes to actually become this way. So bring on Earthlings. Good strategy, Lib BC.