Create change – attend Vancouver ChangeCamp
Category : Uncategorized
Do you want to see real change happen? Do you want to learn how to be a more effective agent for change?
I’d like to invite you to attend Vancouver ChangeCamp and explore how we can organize to get better outcomes.
This event is not an animal rights event – but it is an opportunity for you to engage with and learn from people working in all areas of social change. Our work is too important to limit our knowledge and experience to people who already agree with us. Animal rights activist need to take our place among other social justice and social change movements.
Here is some more information about ChangeCamp:
WHAT IS VANCHANGECAMP: A participatory, web-enabled event to imagine and build new ways to collaborate for social change in the digital age.
WHY: Change Camp is a collaborative, participatory and web-enabled event that is meant to explore the following questions:
- How can we help our governments be more open and responsive?
- How do we as citizens organize to get better outcomes ourselves?
WHO: Changemakers! Including but not limited to:
- People making change at the ground level – community workers, non-profits, social enterprise, CED, foundations, activists, advocates, government employees
- Decision-makers and government leaders
- Technologists, developers, communicators, designers, other professions
Low income free entry
If the $20 fee presents a real barrier to you, don’t let it! Simply email our Event Coordinator Elijah van der Giessen at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for free. But be warned: he may try to recruit you as a volunteer! 🙂
If you would like more information about the event and why you should go, feel free to get in touch with me.