Go vegan in 2011!
Category : Uncategorized
Have you come up with a New Year’s resolution yet? Maybe it’s time to make a change that will improve not only your life, but the lives of many, many others–and the environment, too!
Think of it this way:
- Raising animals for food generates more greenhouse gases than all the cars and trucks in the world combined. (Read more…)
- Crops grown specifically for feeding livestock require a third of all arable land, and the land set aside for grazing takes up 26% of the earth’s terrestrial surface. 70% of previously forested areas in the Amazon Rainforest are used as grazing land. (Read more…)
- The veal industry and the dairy industry are intimately connected–in fact, veal only exists because of the dairy industry. (Read more…)
- For every egg-laying hen, there is a male chick who was ground up alive because he was useless to the industry. (Read more…)
- Fish are far more similar to land animals than many people realize, and they suffer pain and fear, too–whether they are wild-caught or farmed. (Read more…)
- Chickens are slaughtered at 45 days old, not even old enough to cluck. (Read more…)
- “Humane” meat, eggs and dairy are not nearly as good as many people think, and have many of the same problems as “conventional” animal products. (Read more…)
Are you ready to take the leap? Pledge to go vegan in 2011 and have a happy, healthy, and humane New Year!